Pages

Pink Burst Project

This site is proud to support The Pinkburst Project

Friday, August 3, 2012

All This Talk of PPD is...

well, depressing frankly!  I am here to share a happy day.  I realize that I hardly do that.  Partly because this is to help others suffering the debilitating effects of Postpartum Depression and Postpartum Anxiety, but now it's time.

Three year survivor here of PPA.  I was recounting a story I had posted here when that "angel" neighbor saved me from myself.  She's not really an angel by any stretch but that's neither here nor there for the moment.  It made me realize how far I have come.

I am struggling through a very difficult divorce, yet I am NOT depressed.  Nor do I have anxiety.  Surviving my PPA has made me stronger after all.  You know I never really did believe Kelly Clarkson when she sings ... "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger..." cause I never felt it.  I felt like I was dying a slow torturous death.

But guess what?  It's true...and I am proof!

I try to live moment to moment.  And right now is a happy moment which I know will result in a happy day.

Hang on...even when it appears there is nothing to hang on to.  Reach out online if that's all you have.  Just do it...you will come out alive and well on the other side.  I promise...

No comments: