Pages

Pink Burst Project

This site is proud to support The Pinkburst Project

Sunday, January 13, 2013

New Year's Resolutions Suck!

Yup, they do and I am sure you are nodding your head as well.

Seriously, who can resolve to not be depressed any more? Would we love for our depression or anxiety to magically disappear? Absolutely! Is it a reality? Hell no!

Especially if you have Postpartum Depression or Postpartum Anxiety. How do I know? Because I had both and I will take regular 'ol down and depressed depression any day over the Postpartum kind. At no other time in my life did I feel I wanted to no longer exist as I did with PPD and PPA. It's the truth.

If it weren't for a Mom from down the street randomly knocking on my door at just the right time, I would have locked myself up in the local mental hospital.

I know it sucks if you are reading this right now to have PPD. I remember when I was desperately seeking, answers, advice, anything at all related to Postpartum crap because it became what kept me alive.

So keep on searching on the Internet. Even at the expense of ignoring your baby because as long as you have a spouse or family and friends that are helping you out...you can't be the Mom you want and need to be if you are excruciatingly suffering from Postpartum Depression or Postpartum Anxiety.

It is 3 years later for me and I can honestly say I am fine. Better than fine.

Accept the moment right now for what it is...and it sucks tremendously I know...and remember..."This Too Shall Pass..."

Please do this, please please please. It will save your sanity and your life!

Sincerely,
Val

No comments: