Pages

Pink Burst Project

This site is proud to support The Pinkburst Project

Sunday, October 10, 2010

I have to kill my dog...

okay - a little dramatic i know...but it's true.  second dog too in the last six months.  this sucks.  my dog, winnie, has been with me, and then my family, for 12 years.  she got cancer which was diagnosed three days before i was due with my baby boy (second child).  needless to say i ended up being eight days late with him until i had everything settled with winnie...my dog.  we got her chemo.  yes, dog chemo.  believe it or not but it's the same protocol they use on humans, only 1/10th of the dose.  the vet actually said they believe they're overdoing it with humans.  they said she would be in remission by her second treatment, out of five she would need, and they were shockingly right.  my baby boy will soon be 16 months old.  my dog has lived four months beyond the prediction of 6 to 12 months, 18 if you're lucky.  she was 4 months extra lucky.  things that can trigger my depression...? killing my dog...tomorrow.

No comments: