Pages

Pink Burst Project

This site is proud to support The Pinkburst Project

Saturday, July 10, 2010

What a difference a year makes....

I am so much better than a year ago.  My baby boy had his 1st birthday on June 14 and reflecting back on where I was a year ago it's shocking to me I felt that bad.  But I shouldn't be shocked because it was incredibly real and so many Mom's are experiencing it every day.  Some soon to be new Mom's don't realize what's going to hit them when I tell them I had PPD, and I don't do it to scare them but to prepare them just in case.  I don't want any Mom to feel (especially a first time Mom) that something is wrong with them or that they are a bad person.  PPD needs to be talked about more openly and regularly because it happens to so many of us yet not many of us or our families know how to deal with it.  In my next post I will discuss what I did to make it here today.

1 comment:

Kristina @ MamaDivas.com said...

It's definitely a topic that needs to gain more exposure so that more people see the struggle of new motherhood is not only different for every mom, it can be more difficult for those dealing with postpartum depression, psychosis or anxiety.